Digital Photography and Imaging / Final Project

04/11/2022 - 02/12/2022 / Week 10 - Week 14

Kim Min Ah / 0356145

Digital Photography and Imaging / Creative Media / Taylor's Design School


PHYSICAL CLASS

Week 10 (04/11/2022)
Learned how to create short animations in adobe photoshop.

Week 11 (11/11/2022)
Learned how to use different effects in adobe after effects.
Received feedback on the final project from Mr. Martin.

Week 12 (18/11/2022)
Public Holiday

Week 13 (25/11/2022)
Received feedback on the final project progress from Mr. Martin.

Week 14 (02/12/2022)
Received feedback on the final project from Mr. Martin.


INSTRUCTION

Create a short animation that explains yourself.



Biography

My name is Minah Kim. I’ve lived in several places: South Korea, Canada and now Malaysia.

Since when I was little, I’ve always wanted to travel around the World. It’s because I believe that experiencing various cultures and environments would widen one’s depth of understanding and perspective.

One thing I observed so far by living in different countries is that “nature” can bring all people in the world together. I love how nature can comfort people beyond the culture or language barrier. There are no requirements to enjoy nature, and the feelings and comforts we can get from nature could be very personal and flexible depending on one’s situation and background.

Living in and adapting to a new environment was exciting for me most of the time, but sometimes I had to face some challenges. Every time I was going through a hard time I used to visit beaches or forests to calm myself down and clear my mind. I didn’t have to say or understand anything, I could just walk and gaze at the beautiful natural surroundings.

Nature is one of the most huge parts of my life that can represent me, and give me the energy to bring myself forward.



Reference



Figure 1.1.1 "Agent Pekka", Pinterest

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/16044142414942632/





Figure 1.1.2 
"If you never go you'll never know" by Marina Ester Castaldo

https://marinaestercastaldo.com/product/if-you-never-go-youll-never-know/





Figure 1.1.3 
"Pin On Fond...", Pinterest

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/1071645673803009028/




Sketches



Figure 1.1.4
Final project sketches





Figure 1.1.5 Final project sketches 2





Resources






Figure 1.1.6 
"Pin On Fond...", Pinterest

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/1071645673803009028/





Figure 1.1.7 
"10 Amazing Waterfall...", Pinterest

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/489133209542603372/





Figure 1.1.8 
"flower filed...", Pinterest

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/3377768462603659/






Figure 1.1.9 
"_.", Pinterest

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/115827021658440423/





Figure 1.2.1 
"Water steam", kindpng

https://www.kindpng.com/imgv/JTJTJw_water-steam-png-png-collections-at-sccpre-snow/



Progress





Figure 1.2.3 progress in photoshop




Figure 1.2.4 
progress in photoshop





Figure 1.2.5 
progress in after effects




Figure 1.2.6 Poster in progress




FEEDBACK WEEK 13

Upside down the waterfall to create a more surreal atmosphere.
Adjust the brightness and situation of the figure to blend it better with the background.






Figure 1.2.7 Updated poster in progress



Figure 1.2.8 
Updated poster in progress



FEEDBACK WEEK 14

Add an extra layer of water steam to create a more three-dimensional view.



Final Submission of Poster



Figure 1.2.9
 "Love and Peace", Final submission of poster



Final Submission of Animated Poster

https://youtube.com/shorts/rf-pw3pbrdA?feature=share

Figure 1.3.1 "Love and Peace", 
Final submission of animated poster


This final poster is designed to show my love for nature. It also expresses the emotions I've felt in the natural surroundings. Being surrounded by natural surrounding have always calmed me down and recharged my energy. Also, I have numerous beautiful memories that have taken place in nature. Thus, I designed this poster in a polaroid photo form. As if the memorable memories have been captured in a photo frame.


To elaborate on the calm and peaceful atmosphere of the animation, slight position adjustments and soothing background music have been applied to the animation. The butterflies and the water steams move up and down softly along to the gentle background music. The elements were placed in several different layers to create a clear three-dimensional view.




REFLECTION

Experience

This final project has been very significant to me since I could express myself through artwork. Also, 
it was an exciting way to review what I've learned over the last 14 weeks since this project required almost every skill I've had familiar with in this module.




Observation

I observed that I'm good at visually describing invisible elements such as atmospheres and emotions. I also noticed that I'm more interested in presenting artworks abstractly rather than demonstrating them visually realistic.




Findings 

Throughout this final project, I realized that adding slight movements to artwork not only captures viewers' eyes but also can result in differences in the quality, atmosphere and delivery of artwork.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Typography / Task 2 / 2(A): Key Artwork + 2(B): Collateral

Advanced Typography / Task 3: Type Exploration and Application

Minor Project